Friday, September 30, 2016

Daya's Diary

Daya's Diary: A Week In the Life of a 17-Year-Old Pop Star

With three top 40 hits at just 17 years old, “Don’t Let Me Down” singer Daya hits the road ahead of her debut, Sit Still, Look Pretty (Artbeatz, Oct. 7). Here's a week in her diary. 
Friday     
My music video for “Sit Still, Look Pretty” came out today! I also performed at this pool party in Las Vegas. When someone said my real name, Grace, I thought it was a fan, but it was my ninth-grade teacher!
Saturday     
I performed in Redlands, Calif., at Splash Kingdom. It reminded me of the water parks I went to as a kid. I was like, “I want to ride the rides!”
Sunday     
I flew overnight to New York. Red-eyes suck, but I had to get to Fashion Week — it was my first time! I went to Tracy Reese’s presentation, then I had a fitting for Vivienne Tam’s show. I went with the pinkest gown.
Monday     
Early Monday morning I went to Jeremy Scott’s show, then Vivienne Tam, then two parties. Travis Scott did a surprise performance at one. We were dancing and going H.A.M.
Tuesday     
I flew to Kansas City [Mo.] for a radio show. It’s hard to work out the logistics of a band for a mall show, but the crowd brought the energy and kind of replaced the band.
Wednesday     
I flew home to Pittsburgh, and my management called me to ask if I wanted to perform on Dancing With the Stars with Charlie Puth. I’m like, “What?! I grew up watching the show!”
Thursday     
Headed to Louisville [Ky.] for a show. It’s a big college town. I can’t drink yet, but the bourbon balls were really good

No comments:

Post a Comment